Owner and guest maintenance request procedure policy:
For liability purposes owners and guests are not allowed to attempt any repairs or investigations into any maintenance issues themselves. Please report all maintenance issues to the front desk, so the proper personal (and those covered by an insurance policy for such tasks) can address the problem. Any violation of attempting repair, dismantling, or exposing electrical and mechanical apparatus will be fined $100.00.
Using Your Week
All weeks at Holiday Vacation Condominium (HVC) begin on Saturday at 4 PM and end on the following Saturday at 10 AM. Starting dates vary from year to year and an owner should always confirm that they will be using their week with HVC 1 week prior to arrival. For checking the dates of your interval call the HVC Office or if you belong to RCI login to their website.
Guests are always welcome to use an Owners’ week. Please send HVC written notice of who will be using your week and which days will be occupied. Please request the necessary form from the HVC Office. The maximum occupancy limits are strictly enforced. The Unit Owner is responsible for their guest’s actions and any damages that occur.
As with all ownership options, all invoiced fees must be paid prior to using any HVC facilities.
- A Security Deposit is required at Check In (Credit Card or $100.00 Cash or Check)
- Occupancy limits are strictly enforced. Most units are a 4 person maximum occupancy.
- Check-out time is 10:00 am. Late departure fees will be made to your security deposit if not paid at time of departure.
- Registered Party is responsible for the actions of all members of his/her party and for any damages or losses.
- Registered Party must be 21 or older to individually rent a Unit.
- No Pets allowed on the property. Service animals must be registered at desk and have proper documentation.
- Please respect other owners and guests. Excessive noise after 9 pm and before 8 am is not acceptable.
- Smoking is not allowed in Units. Violators will be assessed a $225 fumigation fee. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas. This is to address owners’ health concerns.
- For liability purposes owners and guests are not allowed to attempt any repairs or investigations into any maintenance issues themselves. Please report all maintenance issues to the front desk, so the proper personal that is covered by a proper insurance policy for such tasks, can address the problem. Any violation of attempting repair ,dismantling, or exposing electrical and mechanical apparatus will be charged a $100.00 fine to the credit card on file at that time. The BOT and management take this very seriously and must take action to prevent any injury to owners and guests.
- Owners/guests are to call/email the office and confirm their arrival date the week prior to their designated interval. If they do not arrive or contact HVC by Monday of the interval week, it will be concluded that they are not using their assigned unit/interval.
HVC is a deeded Unit-Interval timeshare. An HVC owner holds the deed to the specific Unit and Interval they purchase. Upon arriving and registration the owner will be placed in their owned unit unless circumstances disallow, due to repairs or maintenance of the facilities.
If an owner has special needs, HVC will attempt to accommodate them as long as it does not adversely affect other owners or guests. Requests must be made to the HVC Manager in writing a minimum of 3 weeks prior to arrival.
All requests are on a first come basis. Prior to arrival requestors will be notified if their request was able to be fulfilled.
To maximize facility availability to all owners and help to maintain lower maintenance fees, HVC follows the Timeshare Industry use of the Blue Monday policy. This is described in the protected owners’ area of this web site.